Many students often struggle to attain good grades so that they can enroll in the best institutions to study their favourite course. We are living in a different world today. Long gone were the days when secretaries used to write minutes on a book. Technology has changed a lot of things. This have affected most of the career students would opt for. it’s well known that when you have skills in technology, you are likely to excess in life. In this article, we shall focus on the Highest Paying Occupations review. To be more specific, we shall deal with Computer Network Architect.
What is Computer Network Architect?
With the improvement of technology, Computer Network Architect has turned out to be among the Highest Paying Careers. It’s a career that involves designing and building of data communication networks such as intranets, Wide Area Network and Local area network. Many companies rely on Computer Network Architect to be able to effectively manage their business and safeguard the information shared within the organization network and computers.
How to Become a Computer Network Architect
Becoming a Computer Network Architect requires some commitment and sacrifice. There are certain qualities and the process you have to accomplish to be part of this highest paying careers. With the guidelines on this section, you will be able to know the procedures of becoming a computer network architect.
- Get the required academic qualification
There are so many institutions that offer courses that can land you to this field. The least education you need is a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, information system or any field related to computer. When you study degrees in the computer field, you will be able to gain experience in database design and network security.
In addition to your degree program, you will need to enroll for a master’s program in Business administration or simply an MBA. This program will take you for two years. You will be able to advance your knowledge as you study computer and business-related course during your MBA program. With these academic qualifications, you will be highly competent ion the job market.
- Work Experience
Before you are employed in any organization, you will need to demonstrate a high level of commitments and effectiveness. This means that you must have worked in any field related to computer or information technology. The common experience required may have been gained while working as a network & computer system administrator, computer system analyst or database administrator. the duration of experience may vary from one company to the other. However, most of them ask for 5-10 years of working experience.
- Registration, certification and licenses
Many computer network architects are often certified by software firms or products vendors. This ensures that the specified skills set aside by the product vendors have been fulfilled by the applicant before they are certified. The licensing board ensures that any computer architect has vast knowledge and can handle any kind of problem that they encounter about network design. This means if you have to work as a network architect, you will have shown your certification on the product you are using.
- Qualities you need to become a computer network architect
Analytical skills. This skill is very important is you will use it to make a fruitful decision about organizations network design. You will try to look around and determine the resource of the organization. After analyzing their needs concerning the resources, you can design a perfect data connection.
Detail-oriented. Networking is very complicated which means you have to be very specific in every design you use. You must be able to explain how your design will enable networking and data sharing within the organization.
Leadership skills. As a network architect, you will need to work with other people to ensure your network design is successful. By leading the team of your hardware engineers and other employees, the goal will be archived without stumbling blocks.
Key Responsibilities of a Computer Network Architect
The major role of computer network architects in any organization is to design a safe and secure network where data can be shared and stored and obtained when there is need. The other roles they play include:
- Upgrade hardware and software used for computer networking
- Designing plans and layouts that will be used for data communication networks
- Safeguard the organization’s information when during the network design phase
- Inform the management about the plans and explain why they are useful for the organization
- Identify if there are emerging network technologies that would improve the organization
What Are the Advantages of Being a Computer Network Architect?
1. Limited Movements
People spend too much time going for fieldwork to gather data. The good side of being a computer architect is that you will not be able to move during your work time. Most of your roles are always established in the server room where you will be monitoring every data in the organization and ensuring there are available to anyone who needs them. With all this time, you can do so much and improve on your skills.
2. Highest Paying Job
As much as this work seems complicated and need a clear understanding of networking and computer, you will be an advantage to earn lots of money at the end of the month. With enough money to carter for your family needs, you will be contented with your job and you will be able to invest your money.
3. You are in charge of the Data Security
It’s quite a simple process, just from the word go. When you design these network protocols, you shall have enhanced security. You will be making it hard for anyone to hack into the system. By constantly updating the information you can keep enhancing the security to ensure its never bridged.
4. You can Solve Problems within a Short Time
With enough data at hand, you are capable of finding errors in your networking design and correct them before they course harm to the organization.
5. Improving a Storage Limit
Sharing information from one office to the other is quite easy when it comes to networking. You will never run out of space because you will be keeping your data on the framework.
- Your system could be attacked by malware and virus. Interconnect computers are easy to get infected with a virus. Just a single virus in one computer might spread to the entire framework. This issue can destroy all you worked for and render your program futile.
- Hackers and Cyber-crime. Every time you struggle to establish a more secure network to protect the data you use. Others are struggling to hack the system. In any case, the system is hacked and the data is misused, you may be answerable for not putting up enhanced security.
- It’s very complicated. Working as a computer network architect may be very challenging. Any single mistake you make when designing the network can create a loophole for hackers. Your code could end up getting manipulated to suit the interest of the bad guys.
- It’s highly expensive. Setting up a complete and secure network can be very challenging. The organization will need to offer you all the resources you need to accomplish this task. Some of the resources may be too expensive to purchase and some organization may not afford it. this means that you may end up using those that you didn’t plan for.
The Bottom Line
With the information about Computer Network Architect, many people can have an alternative career. Parents can advise their children in a highly competitive career opportunity. If you were seeking a better career, then this is the best one you can enroll for.